Signal Integrity – RF Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an RFI (RF Integrity) Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary staffs to develop SOCs that will be used in Apple’s mobile devices. You are specifically responsible for developing simulation methodology and models to predict and/or solve RF desense or spur emission issues, and mitigate any multi-radio coexistence problems. Prior design and modeling experience with mobile device shielding and desense is a must.
- Working knowledge of mobile product EMI and desense problems.
- 5+ years of working experience in RF design beyond graduate school studies.
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory.
- Experience with RF lab equipment, such as VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, near-field scanner, wideband radio communication tester (CMW500), and RF diagnostic chamber (DST200).
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with fundamentals of signal and power integrity issues.
- Experience in Mobile transceiver designs, system architectures and integrations.
- RF system impairment modelling and budgeting for transceiver chains, PLLs, and filters, etc.
- Knowledge on circuit design and simulations.
- Knowledge on Antenna Theory and Phase Arrays.
- Knowledge on Communication Theory. Basic understanding for QAM, OFDM, MIMO, etc.
• Electrical and Physical designs of packages and boards for minimal emissions and/or crosstalk. • 3D EM modeling and simulations of RF interference issues of packages and boards. • Working with package, system, and RF engineering teams to debug and improve desense and EMI performance. • Enhance modeling and characterization methodology to enable self-shielding. • Develop and execute test plans in RF Lab to validate self-shielding and/or desense performance. • RF System modeling and link-budgeting for multi-radio coexistence mitigation.
Education & Experience
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and Ph.D. is preferred.