System Application Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Investigation team is looking for a System Application Engineer to help build the next generation of interactive experiences for our platform.
- 5 years experience in software development
- Proficent in C/C++
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience building stable, long-running applications or services
- Experience with event handling and multithreaded development
- Knowledge of OS graphics, display, and events systems
You will work on long-running system-level applications, realtime interactive graphics, and latency-critical input event systems. System applications such as the iOS, tvOS, or watchOS Home Screen, Notification Center and Lock Screen define the fundamental interaction models for our products. Work closely with HI and designers to define and deliver the next generation of experiences and entirely new interaction models for our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with soft/hard real-time constraints
- Experience building a window manager or application launcher
- Experience with building stable, long-running applications
- Experience working with iOS Notifications or Widgets