Senior Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group is working on exciting new technologies. We are looking for a driven and dedicated senior performance engineer. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal. As part of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- In-depth knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing and benchmarking of operating systems, application/algorithm performance
- Very good systems programming in C, C++
- Experience troubleshooting latency-critical software
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers
The Technology Development Group is looking for an accomplished Performance Expert/Lead to help build a passionate and diverse team that will ensure the next generation of interactive experiences for iOS will run with the best performance. You will collaborate with multiple teams x-functionally to deliver incredible experiences for our customers. You will work on analytical and simulation models to predict application, algorithm, OS and, realtime interactive graphics performance. You will design and implement performance measurement and analysis tools and provide instrumentation for measurability. This engineer is to be technically savvy, team oriented, has influencing and leadership abilities, creative, motivated, flexible, and driven to produce results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience is expected.
- Familiarity with Metal or OpenGL or DirectX
- Familiarity with iOS, Xcode, CPU/GPU Architecture
- Familiarity with Computer Vision, algorithms, Machine Learning
- Familiarity with GPU performance tuning techniques, GPU perfor