Camera - Senior Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features such as Portrait Mode and Memories which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same.
- You have 5+ years of high level software experience (framework, application), as well as experience debugging and bugfixing.
- You have proven experience profiling and bugfixing above the driver level, preferably at system level (i.e. knowledge of common issues related to memory, CPU, power, how to profile them and common solutions).
- You're experienced in multiprocessing and memory management from a system perspective.
- You have experience with software release lifecycles.
- You take initiative to roll up your sleeves and investigate issues at source code level and propose possible patches
- You actively implement tests to diagnose and validate performance issues.
Are you a senior, system-level software engineer with strong embedded software dev experience? Are you passionate about shaping the direction and driving the delivery of the Apple Camera? If these questions resonate with you, we would love to speak to you about our opportunity!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in multimedia processing (i.e. video playback, preferably image or video capture and processing) at software and hardware-level, a huge plus.
- Experience in middle and high-level multimedia API definition and backend implementation, greatly desired.