Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our prototyping team.
- You have advanced knowledge of CPU & SOC architecture/design an industry standard interfaces
- You have strong knowledge of FPGA tool flows; Synthesis, Partitioning, Place & Route: Certify, Synplify, Identify, ISE, Vivado, etc.
- Experience in multi-FPGA partitioning and constraining of synthesis; Design optimizations with respect to FPGA limitations.
- You are experienced in scripting/programming - ideally Unix, perl, python, Tcl, C, C++ including low-level programming (firmware) of complex computer systems.
- Strengths in verilog, system-verilog, test-benches, simulation, automation and debug are a plus.
- Experience with cutting edge FPGA devices such as Xilinx Virtex 6/7/UltraSCALE is a plus.
- Hardware/System design, tools, debug, lab experience and vendor interface are a plus.
- Experience with Strong analytical skills, creative attitude and enthusiastic teammate.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate the desire to tackle diverse challenges.
As a prototyping engineer you will be responsible for emulating a complex SOC. You will work closely with the team, review specifications, develop prototyping plans and specifications. Work closely with design & micro-architecture teams to understand the functional & performance goals of the design. Work on Synthesis / Place & Route, timing optimization, develop plans for custom hardware. Work independently & manage deliverables to align with project goals plus support multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BS (EE or CS) required with over 5 years relevant experience. MS (EE or CS) preferred.