Hardware System Integrator Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join our Engineering Team and work on revolutionary products. This is a design engineering position that entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in Apple’s products.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant industry experience designing consumer electronics and/or embedded systems
- Must have great EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, etc.
- Must have experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: DDR3/4, PCIe gen3, USB3, LPDP, MIPI and I2C/SPI/UART buses.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: CPU/SOC, power(DC-DC converters, battery, power management, low power design), analog circuits, audio/camera/display/wireless integration and measurement, sensor design and integration.
- Expertise in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
As a Hardware System Integrator, you will: Apply your engineering expertise and work with cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love Solve challenging engineering problems by selecting components, designing schematics, directing layout, and bringing-up/debugging circuits in the lab Collaborate with a large number of groups including PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, HW Test, etc. to bring a product from concept to mass production Expected to help define exciting product features that will touch our customers Have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits Define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced collaborative environment