Camera Image Quality Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an extraordinary Camera Image Quality Engineer with responsibilities for ongoing evaluation, benchmarking and characterization of Apple camera products.
- You will need strong knowledge of Image Sensor operation and tuning
- Deep understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
- Possess strong Matlab programming skills on digital image processing and data analysis
- You will also have familiarity with Python programming
- Have some knowledge of megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, lens selection and qualification, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, and be familiar with imaging algorithms (auto-exposure, auto white balance, auto-focus,..etc.)
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis
- Familiarity with camera components and functions
- Support design team through iterative testing and ongoing support from early prototype to product launch.
Developing and performing lab type testing and software for camera evaluation Development of imager test techniques Optimization in imager sensor settings Optimization of ISPs Design and support of production line testing setups Performing testing and data analysis on benchmark products Will deliver executive level presentations of results
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities required for production bring up. Experience with mobile communication products is a bonus.