Siri - ML Data Infrastructure Engineer (Search Technology)
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, NLP, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. We work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day. Now imagine what you could do at Apple.
- Writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- Working with large datasets
- Deep understanding of two of following languages: C++, Python, Java or Go
- Practical experience with Hadoop / HDFS / Hive
- Data transformation pipelines
- Large scale search and machine learning systems a plus
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP and web crawling
- Good communication with internal and external teams English
- Fluency in at least one of French, German, Italian, Spanish
As a Data Infrastructure Engineer you will do the following tasks, through collaboration with team members in Europe and around the world: - Architect & develop Internet-scale server software for Linux systems - Develop methods and software to process petabyte-scale datasets - Work alone or as part of small team to deliver complete systems - Work closely with operations and project management teams If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Retrieval, or equivalent work experience