FPGA Design Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love pursuing big challenges that require especially creative solutions? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? Do you strive to craft elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system, and we design technologies to work seamlessly in unison. Join this team, and you’ll develop forward-looking prototype systems in collaboration with engineers across Apple. We take daring, revolutionary ideas and turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. Together, our work will lead to the intuitive technology experiences that Apple is known for worldwide. We're seeking a skilled FPGA Design Engineer who will be responsible for design, implementation and bring-up of FPGA based prototypes.
- Strong logic design background with ability to do RTL design.
- Verification using Verilog and System Verilog.
- FPGA tool flows (include Xilinx/Altera/Lattice).
- Experience with bring-up and debug of complex FPGA designs.
- Understanding of industry-standard protocols, such as PCI Express, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with common peripheral interfaces like I2C, SPI, high speed serial I/Fs etc.
- Programming (C/C++) and scripting (Perl/Python) knowledge desired.
- Understanding of low level software is a plus.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Aptitude to quickly pick up new concepts and chip in with innovative solutions and ideas.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills are needed.
Collaborate with cross-function teams (including electrical, mechanical and software) in order to define prototyping hardware to evaluate new technologies and features. Work independently and deliver your work to align with project goals FPGA Design & Verification Perform Synthesis/Place & Route, timing optimizations Perform bring-up, debug and validation of designs to achieve the desired goals. Create thorough technical documents for each of the above steps.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE - MS or PhD Preferred