Software Engineer : Infrastructure Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could accomplish here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you ready to bring your passion and dedication to your next challenging career adventure? Apple is seeking an extraordinary Technical PM with a focus on infrastructure security. This is a technical, hands-on role in a dynamic an agile environment. This opportunity will require a mixture of technical acumen, influential interpersonal skills, and a background in information security concepts The Apple Infrastructure Systems team is looking for a motivated individual who has a real passion about software development and delivering the high-quality products to a diverse audience. As a Software Engineer you will build services/micro-services/application to support Infrastructure Systems monitoring team, help to craft and implement applications at enterprise level. Are you ready to develop the best work of your life?
- - 5+ years experience building services or cloud software
- - Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- - Strong experience in Golang will be critical.
- - Building High Performance APIs In Golang.
- - Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- - Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- - Understand the infrastructure monitoring agent and agent-less architecture.
- - Ability to deliver and challenge the status quo.
- - Extensive knowledge of software design paradigms in large-scale environments, distributed systems.
- - Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems in a cloud environment
We are looking for a professional engineer, who loves getting their hands dirty in code, while designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large software systems. This is an opportunity to join agile team to create high-quality services that inspire other teams. It will require a deep knowledge of micro-services architecture as well as container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution.
Education & Experience
Computer Science degree or relevant experience
- - Go (Golang)
- - gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- - K8s, Docker
- - Unix, SQL and NOSQL DBs
- - CI/CD
- - Prometheus, statd, collected, Telegraf