SOC Integration Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The industry is accustomed to Apple taping out the SOC’s for our various products at a rigorous pace. In order to achieve this, Apple’s world-class design and integration processes are driven by our top notch integration engineers. We own various blocks of the chip and coordinate with various teams to get all changes released to the database and production synthesized on the project scheduled delivery dates. You will be at the center of it all, working on some our most mission-critical items and which will allow you to develop close working relationships with many groups across all levels, you will also build an organized approach to coordinate all tasks in parallel to hit schedules consistently with a quality design. Are you ready to join our team and help us deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products?
- Did we pique your curiosity yet? Are you wondering what it takes?
- We're looking for thorough knowledge of the ASIC design flow, you'll have at least 10 years of experience working on the design flow, ranging from FE through Design verification, synthesis, scripting and netlist generation will give you the tools needed to succeed in our team.
- We pride ourselves on the high quality of our work and your consistent track record of working on high performance designs in high volume production environments for low power applications will be the key to impress us.
- You have extensive experience working on RTL design and timing closure of large complex designs.
- We'll be looking for your expertise in SOC IP integration and RTL Design for performance, low area, and low power.
- You're also a FE production synthesis with DFT insertion expert
- You've worked extensively on ASIC design flow and netlist flow checks - CDC, Logical Equivalence.
- You're experienced working on UPF flows for power islands as well as voltage islands.
- We are the design interface for PD for floorplanning and timing closure, which means that you'll be applying your vast experience in PD and Static Timing Analysis directly with these teams.
- With all this cross-collaboration between our teams, it goes without saying that communication is the biggest component for us. We function as the liaison between so many diverse groups within and outside of our company, your ability to drive the communication and collaborate across teams is a crucial attribute.
- Our most successful team-members are usually the Self starter type, we are highly motivated, highly organized, and we live by the schedule.
- In addition, your familiarity with DFT and backend related methodologies and tools will be a welcomed asset for us.
This role will give you ownership of all aspects of development design for large SOC blocks. You will handle internal and external IP integration, You'll design the system bus and control bus logic for connectivity of IP blocks to main SOC infrastructure. You'll build the integration specs for the design project and you will integrate & optimize any memories and hard macros required for the block, you will be running synthesis, netlist generation, and closing the block's timing. Work closely with Chip Architecture, Design Verification, Physical Design, DFT, and power teams to achieve first tapeout success on designs. Develop and maintain methodology/flows/checks for your design. Work with multi-disciplinary groups to make sure designs are delivered on time and with the highest quality by incorporating proper checks at every stage of the design process.
Education & Experience
You should have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent experience