CAD Engineer – Design Verification Methodology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a member of our CAD team, you will develop, maintain, and improve existing sophisticated software systems for regression-testing Apple’s silicon designs in software simulation, to find and report defects in our chip designs, and thus ensure that Apple tapes-out world-class silicon. Your experiences and innovative ideas will inform the design of the next generation of these regression systems. Your experience and insight, your skill at diagnosing the root cause of complex problems, and your ability to guide engineers who come to you with problems will be meaningful contributions to an extended CAD team that comprehensively supports Apple’s DV and chip design engineering efforts. You will work closely with EDA vendors to incorporate new capabilities of their commercial tools, and to resolve problems.
- You will have 5+ years of relevant experience including:
- Fluent in Verilog and SystemVerilog; familiarity with VHDL a plus
- Expert with Synopsys VCS, NC-Verilog, or Modelsim
- Strong scripting abilities in PERL; TCL or Python is a plus
- Strong communications skills are required and prior customer support experience is preferred
- Experience writing or maintaining the script or Makefile that builds the simulation program from RTL is a plus
- Familiarity with Verdi and/or SimView is considered a plus
- Knowledge of C and C++ is a preferred skill.
In this role, you will: - Develop, maintain, and enhance an existing system for regressing RTL - Handle debugging vendor tool problems - Interact with DV team to help take on their problems - Implement new functionality to tackle emerging problems or to optimize already existing methods.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in a technical discipline