CVML - Deep Learning Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you think Computer Vision and Machine Learning can change the world? Do you think it can transform the way millions of people capture, discover and share the most special moments of their lives? We firmly believe it can. And we are looking for smart and passionate research engineers who can push the boundaries of Computer Vision and Machine Learning to build products that can fulfill the tremendous potential of this field. We are the CV/ML team that provides foundational technologies to the Camera and Photos platforms in the Apple ecosystem. Our team combines research and development in a dynamic and exciting environment and delivers robust solutions that are demonstrated across all of Apple. If you have a proven track record researching and developing solutions for rare machine learning and computer vision applications, and have experience applying deep-learning principles to those solutions, then we may have the job for you.
- Deep understanding of the algorithms used in this domain and be up-to-date with the latest developments both in academia and in industry (e.g. deep learning)
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong coding skills in C, C++ and possibly Python
- You're aware of the challenges associated to the transition of a prototype into a final product
- You're familiar with the challenges of developing algorithms that run efficiently on resource constrained platforms
- You've demonstrated leadership in both applied research and development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, be comfortable presenting research to large audiences, and have the ability to work hands-on in cross functional teams
- You should be motivated and self-driven
The CV/ML team in the Cameras & Photos org is looking for an expert computer vision/machine learning research engineer. The position involves research and development work focused on devising, implementing and optimizing algorithms for novel and challenging real-world problems. Solutions developed by research engineers on our team will have a direct impact on improving the experience of millions of users with their visual assets (photos, collection of photos, videos, etc.). The main tasks associated to this position range from algorithm design and implementation, to benchmarking, prototyping and integrating the technology into the next generation of products for both mobile and the desktop platforms.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or a related field (mathematics, physics or computer engineering), with a focus on computer vision and/ or machine learning.
- • Experience with OS X and iOS development tools and familiarity with GPU programming is a plus.
- • Basic knowledge of Objective-C is desirable.
- • Experience in industry is a plus.