Electrical Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love pursuing big challenges that require especially creative solutions? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? Do you strive to craft elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system, and we design technologies to work seamlessly in unison. Join this team, and you’ll develop forward-looking prototype systems in collaboration with engineers across Apple. We take daring, revolutionary ideas and turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. Together, our work will lead to the intuitive technology experiences that Apple is known for worldwide. Apple's Platform Architecture Engineering team is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to lead the design, implementation, and qualification of various prototyping platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and development of high-speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- A shown understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Validated direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: Intel-based systems, high speed FPGA board design, industry standard protocols (PCI Express, Firewire, USB, Ethernet, DDR2, etc.) and their design issues.
You will work closely with cross-functional design teams to develop new technology prototypes. The applicant should be familiar with computer system architecture & PCB layout using high-speed digital and mixed signal design rules. Your duties will include schematic capture, guiding PCB design, prototyping bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, test plan creation, test plan execution, functional verification, signal characterization, and manufacturing support. Good communication, analytical, and documentation skills required.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE or equivalent
- Prefer experience with ARM processors/micro-controllers, clocks & PLLs, switching/linear power supplies, sensors and some analog experience.
- Experience in FPGA board design is a plus.
- Experience with Cadence Concept and Allegro is a plus.