Controls Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a world-class electrical engineer with a solid background in RF, digital and analog electronics, to develop equipment, processes and upgrades applicable to battery technology development. The scope includes; equipment specification and commission, as well as, establishment and optimization of process parameters. You will work closely with internal multi-functional teams, external vendors and technology partners on equipment development and support.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with extensive experience in designing, building and developing controls for electromechanical and opto-electrical systems or modules.
- Experience in feedback / forward controls such as PID, adaptive and model based control systems
- Experience in electrical power sources such as power supply, HV DV unit, RF and microwave generators
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in various design, build and development of controls and monitor modules for machinery and equipment.
- Experience in various low voltage analog and digital PCB design and fabrication
- Experience in development of custom high speed data acquisition applications with LabVIEW or similar system is a must.
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming is a plus.
- ECAD for circuit and cable/harness design and documentation
- PLC and HMI programming
- Specification documentation
- NEC code and NRTL compliance / certificate knowledge for safety multi-axis servo control
- Working knowledge of applying quality tools including statistical analysis of performance results, determination of process capabilities, execution of design of experiments and development of SOPs and related work instructions
- Working effectively with external vendors and contractors to specify, develop process equipment, establish and optimize process.
Develop electrical specifications and equipment control and selected tools and equipment. Participate in supplier selection and provide technical guidance during tool / equipment development and factory acceptance prior to shipment. Oversee site acceptance of equipment performance including: installation, commissioning, set-up and hardware characterization. Implement data acquisition systems to aid in process characterization utilizing LabVIEW or similar DAQ systems. Participate in process development studies to find opportunities to improve process and machine performance. Lead Implementation and qualification of the equipment improvements Contribute to the design and operating specification of battery pilot line equipment to enable the capability to support advanced designs, materials and process development initiatives. This includes optimization, trouble shooting and corrective action implementation. Maintain regular interaction with engineering, supply chain, safety, finance, and production groups
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or other similar field