Systems Engineer, Connectivity Standards
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. Join our Wireless Software Engineering team (Wireless Technologies and Ecosystem) and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while authoritatively driving multiple projects across many teams
- You possess extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- You're experienced and have strong knowledge and understanding of Wi-Fi standards, protocols and applications, including high-level architecture
- You have significant software development experience (kernel extension, drivers, applications) on MacOS, iOS, and/or WatchOS
- You have experience with test development, test automation, certification programs (WFA SIGMA experience a plus)
- You are confident in presenting and defending principles to internal teams, and standards- and connectivity communities
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Our team focuses on developing high-level system requirements and standardization of short-range communication technologies. As a Systems Engineer, you’ll be actively involved in standardization groups and help keep internal teams apprised of standards development and direction, while supporting development teams with defining features, architecture and design. You may participate in standardization bodies and worldwide meetings such as IEEE 802.11 and Wi-Fi Alliance (about 5-6 per year), which will require international travel (North America, Europe, and Asia). You will also develop prototypes and proof-of-concept implementations, and support QA and certification efforts for key programs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, CS or equivalent degree