IC Packaging Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a talented and passionate SIP IC Packaging Design Engineer. You will be responsible for IC packaging design, development and new product introduction for programs requiring SIP module packaging and substrate-based IC packaging. Looking for individuals who are innovative, creative, driven, and work well within a team.
- Typically requires at least 7+ years experience in Semiconductor Packaging Design, Process and New Product Introduction. Hands-on experience a plus.
- Experience with placement studies, layouts, system architecture, routing studies.
- Strong knowledge and experience in IC packaging, SIP Module packaging, single die packaging and heterogeneous package integration.
- Knowledge and experience package assembly process, materials, and equipment. Experience driving development of new enabling technology and roadmaps.
- Strong IC packaging materials background including characterization and failure analysis.
- Experience in substrate design/layout and tape out process,
- Experience in designs with discrete component such as sensors, PMU, RFICs. Knowledge with RF matching and transmission line modeling is a plus.
- Problem solver with strong engineering physics. Willing to tackle tough problems.
- Ability to work independently and work with multi-functional teams.
- Proven track record working with internal teams or vendors to execute introduction of new packaging and technology solutions.
Work with system teams to help define package structure, component placement, layout, routing studies. Lead multi-functional teams and drive package integration efforts. Work with vendors to bring IC packaging solutions from concept to mass production. Conduct and approve packaging proposals, designs, schematics, process flows, risk assessments, technical specifications, reliability requirements, data collection, and analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors required in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Physics and relevant experience within technical discipline. MS or higher degree preferred.