CAD- Front-End Signoff Lead Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As the Front-End Signoff Lead Engineer, you will ensure that all necessary and appropriate verification is completed on a complex SOC design and all signoff criteria is met prior to tapeout. In this high-visibility position, you will contribute to the definition of signoff requirements early in the project as well as work with other teams (Design, CAD and Technology) to verify that the EDA flows and tools are set-up and run correctly during the project, and all signoff criteria are met at the end of the project. You will be interfacing directly with the design groups and providing frontline support for enablement, enhancement, and debug requests.
- 7+ years of relevant experience/background
- Deep understanding of SOC design principles
- Deep understanding of RTL Logic Design, RTL verification, equivalency checking, ECO and synthesis flows
- Prior experience with low power design and verification techniques
- Experience in front-end coding, tools and methodologies (RDC/CDC/STA)(Verilog, VCS, Incisive, Conformal, Formality)
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages such as Perl, C, or tcl
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate
In this role, you will: - Determine signoff criteria - Participate in spec reviews - Develop and maintain signoff checks - Verify CAD flows are generating correct results (flow signoff) - Evaluate designs for signoff and drive signoff reviews with design teams - Provide signoff infrastructure support - Provide enablement of design teams on signoff infrastructure including page generation, build list maintenance, and enhancement request tracking - Manage signature file creation and management and delegation of signature responsibility - Handle milestone and signoff scheduling.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE