Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Involved in the development and qualification of advanced designs related to lithium based rechargeable battery. Employing advanced polymeric materials, conductive and dielectric, on the advanced Lithium battery assembly and construction. Work with Advanced Technology Development group, as well as external companies, university and government agencies to establish prototype materials and assembly applications.
- 5 – 10 years of work knowledge and experience in inkjet printing technology, polymeric ink properties, dispensing, and post treatments in circuit board fabrication, and microelectronics.
- Familiarity with applicable test equipment and test procedures to evaluate polymeric materials used in semiconductor/thin-film environment.
- Hands on experience with evaluating new materials on desired devices.
- Direct Experience in working with external vendors and contractors to develop and qualify materials for consumer applications.
- Strong aptitude towards the development and optimization of existing or future polymeric materials that can fulfill the energy storage needs for future Apple products.
- Ability to complete project goals and monitor overall program status goals.
- Ability to work with other engineering teams to arrive at a suitable overall technology solution and battery design.
- Strong process oriented, data driven, work culture.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to clearly understand and concisely explain technical issues.
- Ability to clearly support technical decisions based on data and results.
- Excellent written and verbal skills a must.
Lead engineering efforts to evaluate, select, and employ viable polymeric materials for the advanced lithium rechargeable battery development, focus on ultra-thin form factor. Determine material capabilities, execute DOEs to address issues and optimize settings, and summarize qualification data on material selection. Work with cross-function teams to develop performance requirements, SOPs and data summary templates. Pursue development of intellectual property to protect technology developments and secure competitive position. Work effectively with suppliers and contractors to ensure desired polymeric materials are developed in a timely fashion to support program needs.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Material Science, Chemistry, or related field
- TRAVEL TO SUPPLIERS AND MANUFACTURING FACILITIES EXPECTED