Sr. Software Engineer, App Store Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store Engineering R&D hiring talented software engineers to break new ground on our App delivery platform. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of quickly becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences. You will bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no end to what you can accomplish.
- You will have expert experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented languages
- 5+ years crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- You will mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable
- Ability to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL & big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka and Hadoop
- Shown grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Ability to flourish with highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to the App Store
The iTunes Connect team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop and build features driving the App Store and TestFlight. We are hiring a self-starter who is daring and is willing to question assumptions. Excellent written and oral skills are a requirement. You have experience developing large-scale, server-side systems using object-oriented languages. We are looking for a teammate who wants to take on problems under deadlines and deliver visionary solutions. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Arcade, Apple TV+, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, Apple News, Apple Card and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent