iOS Motor & UI Accessibility Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to influence and create some of Apple’s most important products? We are looking for a qualified manager to lead the iOS Interaction & UI Accessibility Engineering team. You will be responsible for managing a team working on core accessibility products for iOS, tvOS and watchOS like Switch Control, AssistiveTouch, Large Text, Guided Access and many others. At the same time, you'll be able to flex your own engineering skills in helping deliver those same features by directly contributing code. Finally, we are looking for a manager who strives to build a diverse, balanced and dynamic team environment.
- Experience in driving complex features that require collaboration with different teams.
- Ability to manage a team of software engineers in order to deliver high-quality software on time
- Ability to communicate a strong vision clearly and succinctly in a cross functional manner
- Ability to innovate and help invent new solutions for all users
- Ability to contribute individually while acting as technical lead and primary architect for software projects for the team.
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
Apple's Accessibility team is seeking a motivated and driven iOS Software Development Engineer to help develop features that positively impact the lives of all users by leveraging novel machine learning techniques. In our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Prior software management experience
- • Experience with UIKit or AppKit APIs
- • Experience with Accessibility APIs (any platform)
- • Experience with hearing related technologies