Webkit Accessibility SW Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to help influence and create some of Apple’s most important products? Our team, Accessibility Software Engineering, is looking for a talented engineer who can contribute directly to WebKit, iOS and macOS in order to make the interaction between the web and assistive technologies a great experience for all users.
- Ability to create and understand maintainable and performant Object-Oriented software designs
- Ability to write performant and correct multi-threaded code
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills
Apple's Accessibility team is seeking a motivated and driven WebKit Software Development Engineer to help contribute directly to WebKit, iOS and macOS to enable users to be productive and happy when using the Web. You'll be creating solutions, fixing bugs and working across many software stacks, while focusing on how VoiceOver and Switch Control behave on the web. In our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • WebKit
- • C++
- • UIKit or AppKit APIs
- • Accessibility APIs (any platform)
- • Hearing related technologies