Product Marketing Financial Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
JOB SUMMARY Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Product Marketing Financial Analyst to support key Hardware Products. The Financial Analyst partners with various groups, manages extremely confidential information, has direct exposure to senior business leaders and is in a position to influence key strategic decisions at Apple. This person needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to integrate wide arrays of data/information sources, build complex forecast and financial models to drive actionable business insights. We are looking for someone with strong analytical capabilities, superior financial / quantitative horsepower, and a deep interest in Apple’s products, business and strategy.
- Minimum 3-7 years of relevant work experience
- Highly motivated, works well under pressure, organized, and proactive in leading projects from end-to-end
- Ease with quantitative and financial analysis in a product context; able to work comfortably with incomplete information and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen, high intellectual curiosity, and deep interest in Apple’s product, business and strategy
- Extraordinary verbal and written business communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to maintain the highest level of accuracy, yet understand the big picture
- Strong team player
- Product Cost experience a plus
- Superior Excel & modeling skills
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and manipulate large datasets; experience with Tableau, R, Alteryx, SQL, and/or Business Objects a strong plus
This is an exciting opportunity that entails the following responsibilities: - Collaborate closely with Product Marketing (including Business Management and Pricing), Operations and Engineering to find optimal intersections of information relevant to drive business decisions - Formulate, architect, and build forecast & financial models based on a wide range of information available - Integrate various datasets to create, present, and defend forecasts, scenarios, and other business insights to senior leadership - Support Executive decisions related to revenue/gross margin scenarios and product lifecycle planning - Build and maintain tools, presentations & reports to highlight relevant insights and track their evolution - Work closely with the WWPM Business Management and Pricing teams, and handle special projects and requests
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, or other quantitative field - MBA; concentration in Finance is desirable Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.