Wireless PHY Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role you will be responsible for and contribute to multiple aspects of the development of wireless subsystems by leading verification efforts of Wireless PHY design, integration of Baseband PHY with Radio model and upper layer SOC. With a deep understanding of communication systems and protocols, you will interact with DV methodologists, designers and communication systems engineers to develop top down simulation platforms, reusable test benches and verification environments deploying the latest methodology with metric driven verification.
- 2+ years hands-on PHY verification experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SystemC, TLM and Virtual prototyping, SystemVerilog and DV methodologies (problem solving, constrained random testing, SystemVerilog Assertion (SVA) and debugging).
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or Zigbee a plus.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
• Experience with DSP design verification (e.g. digital filter, modulation, demodulation, frequency estimation, channel estimation, amplitude gain control etc.) • Understand PHY layer pipeline design, data-path bit-matching concept against golden reference model (Matlab or C) • Experience with mixed signal simulation (ADC, DAC, Power Amplifier, LNA etc.) using RF behavior model and digital PHY’s RTL is a plus. • Understand verification methodology (UVM/OVM etc.) • Good understanding on C/C++/Python, experience with C modeling for design verification (DPI, etc.) • Be able to craft crisp test plans for PHY keeping key DSP concepts in mind. • Be able to appropriately judge complexities of various PHY modules and overall data path. • Be able to do hands-on TB, Test development, debug, provide guidance to the team by calling priorities appropriately. • Have proven track record of delivering complex wireless chip with 0-spin tapeout success.
Education & Experience
Must have MS in Electrical Engineering with Signal Processing background and work experience in a signal processing chips (WiFi, BT, 3G, LTE modem)