Sr. Software Engineer, Core Services, Apple Media Products
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a software engineer to help build features that will delight millions of customers around the world.
- Expert knowledge of developing and scaling Java web applications with very stringent latency requirements.
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions like Voldemort, Memcached and Redis.
- Experience working with Apache Solr / Apache Lucene.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with object relational databases like Hibernate, Enterprise Objects Framework etc.
- Experience with protocols like TCP, IP, HTTP, SSL
- Knowledge of JVM hosted languages like Clojure is a plus.
- Experience writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Exceptional critical thinking and debugging skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and engineer highly performant implementations.
- Ability to develop, advocate for, and build consensus on coding best practices.
You will be part of the server team that powers various features within the App Store, Apple Music, iBooks, iTunes, and Podcasts. You will be working cross functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver really exciting features. You will help scale our content service and editorial service that houses all the content metadata that is needed in one form or the other by Apple client applications and other dependent services. We are constantly challenging ourselves to improve performance and availability and we are looking for someone like minded. If you are used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile, then we are absolutely looking for you! Our ideal candidate would be an engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions and is a good team player under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering. 5 years professional software engineering experience preferred.