Wireless Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the embedded firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless SOCs.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience:
- Deep understanding software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication or storage subsystems.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems. Familiarity with UARTs JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with wireless communication principles and protocols: 3GPP, 802.11 or Bluetooth.
- Some Unix/Linux kernel development and mainstream OS application level development experience.
Specify, design, and implement (C/C++) the firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms (C/C++) and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification. Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets. Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test. Define methodologies and best practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.