mmWave IC Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly. As a millimeter-wave IC design engineer, you will be responsible for providing circuit and system solutions for multi-gigabit wireless chips.
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of mmWave, RF, and analog integrated circuit design experience, with 3+ years in mmWave CMOS or SiGe circuit design.
- Extensive knowledge of all or many of the following fields:
- Deep understanding in system specification and able to work with system architects to translate system requirement into circuit requirement at IC level. Familiar with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs.
- Deep understanding of fundamental microwave theories and concepts; such as transmission-lines concepts, power waves and scattering parameters, power gain expressions, gain, noise, and VSWR design trade offs.
- Extensive experience in simulation and design of lumped and distributed passive structures; such CPW lines, coupled lines, directional couplers, dividers/combiners, phase shifters, inductors, and capacitors.
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, and implementation of mmWave low-noise, broadband, and/or high-power amplifiers
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, and implementation of mmWave frequency converting blocks and oscillators
- Understanding of mmWave device modeling. Insights into packaging effects, integrated antenna arrays, supply isolations, high frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum performance.
- Extensive experience in high frequency silicon characterization and debug.
• Work with platform architects, system group, and digital design group to define the requirements for mmWave phased-array front-end and baseband blocks based on the product requirements. • Work with technology team and foundries on process evaluation/selection for the target device. • Design various transceiver blocks in TX, RX, and LX chains. • Work with the design, layout, and chip integration teams to integrate the IP’s and verify the top level functionality and performance • Work with mmWave test engineers to bring up and characterize chips
Education & Experience
MSEE is required. Ph.D is preferred