CAD Engineer – Analog/RF Simulation Flow & Methodology
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance simulation methodology and solutions for our Analog, RF and mixed-signal designs. The role requires you to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. Working in a small CAD team, you will be collaborating with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. The role will also involve partnering with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing and validating simulation flows, enhancing custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis.
- Typically requires 5+ years of industry experience in circuit simulations with Analog/RFIC design background and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape out
- Proficiency with Spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, Spectre RF, AFS (BDA), Hspice, HspiceRF, EMX, ADS, GoldenGate, AMS Designer, XA, Hsim, and FineSim. Strong ability to tackle simulation accuracy, speed and capacity issues. Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements
- Experience with RF and microwave simulation technologies such as Harmonic Balance, S-parameters, Periodic noise, and Electromagnetic simulation. Proficiency in statistical simulations using Monte Carlo methods and Reliability/aging analysis involving Self-Heating is a plus
- Understand custom IC designs, and knowledge of Post-layout extraction
- Understanding behavioral models for AMS/EM circuits, experience in Verilog- A/AMS. Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification
- Efficient programming skills in SKILL language, Python, Perl, TCL, or Shell. Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs. Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions is preferred
- Knowledge in Virtuoso Schematic Editor, PDK, CDF, Callbacks, Netlisting, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL/Maestro) is required. Experience in Virtuoso Layout Editor, Virtuoso Constraints, Modgen, PCells, and Matlab is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams
We are a small CAD team, so you will have an impact with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams by: - Solving issues related to transistor level simulations on Analog, RF and Microwave applications with Spice simulators on command-line and Virtuoso environment - Helping designers in solving tool issues related to ADE, ADE-XL, Maestro and OCEAN and developing/supporting simulation automation flows - Solving AMS (Analog-Mixed Signal) simulation design and modeling issues related to circuits, thereby influencing the advancement of a variety of technology nodes.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD preferred in a technical discipline