Sr CAD Engineer – Analog/RF Simulation Flow & Methodology
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role as a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and improve simulation methodology and solutions for our Analog, RF and Mixed-signal designs. You will be working with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. You will also be collaborating with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. Work will also involve partnering with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and lead effort of developing and validating simulation flows, improving custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products.
- - Typically requires 10+ years of industry experience in circuit simulations with Analog/RFIC design background and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape out.
- - Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, Spectre RF, AFS (BDA), Hspice, HspiceRF, EMX, ADS, GoldenGate, AMS Designer, XA, Hsim, FineSim, etc.
- - Strong ability to pursue simulation accuracy, speed and capacity issues.
- - Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- - Understand custom IC designs, and knowledge of Post-layout extraction.
- - Understanding behavioral models for AMS/EM circuits, experience in Verilog- AMS.
- - Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification. Very efficient programming skills in SKILL, Python, Perl, TCL, or Shell. Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- - Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions, Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL), Virtuoso Layout Editor, Constraints, pcells is a plus.
- - You should be a phenomenal teammate with good written and verbal interpersonal skills, and able to work with multi-functional teams.
- Deep understanding of transistor level simulations for Analog, AMS and RF applications with industry standard Spice simulators. - Strong experience with RF and microwave simulation technologies such as Harmonic Balance, S-parameters, and Electromagnetic simulation. Experience with statistical simulations using Monte Carlo methods and reliability analysis. - Proficiency with ADE, ADE-XL technologies, and simulation automation with OCEAN. Proficiency with the Cadence Virtuoso design Framework, including flow automation with SKILL, PDK customization, CDFs/Callbacks. - Knowledge of the operating principles of common analog, RF, AMS blocks, Spice Modeling in Nano CMOS technologies. Back-end knowledge on Virtuoso XL, constraints, modgen, layout, pcells, LVS, DRC, and extraction is an added plus.
Education & Experience
MS / PHD PREFERRED IN A TECHNICAL DISCIPLINE