Wireless PHY System and Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this technical role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for physical layer algorithm design and bringup of state-of-the-art wireless SoC products.
- This is an individual technical contributor role that requires at least 5+ years of experience in design and bringup of wireless communication systems.
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11ad or Bluetooth/BLE
- Hands on experience on bring up and debug of real silicon in lab, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc).
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and/ C/C++
Design and simulate state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication algorithms Implement fixed-point models and perform detailed performance investigation to allow performance sign-off and enable RTL bit-exact development Work with digital designers to realize these algorithms with power and area efficient digital implementations Characterize and optimize performance of real silicon in lab Develop and implement calibration routines compensating for RF impairments Bringup and debug various hardware features in the physical layer Implement code in Python and firmware including firmware algorithms involving MAC-PHY interaction Develop test plans and work with automation/test engineers to implement the same; analyze results to identify and debug issues
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.