Wireless System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this technical role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for physical layer system bring-up, productization and development of state-of-the-art wireless SoC products.
- This is an individual technical contributor role that requires at least 5+ years of experience in design and bring up of wireless communication systems.
- Hands on experience on bring up, characterization and debug of real silicon in lab, be able to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11ad or Bluetooth/BLE
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and/ C/C++
• Bring-up and take to production state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications. • Test and characterize real silicon in lab working along with RFIC and digital circuit designers and automation/test engineers • Develop and implement calibration routines to achieve the best and robust performance of the devices across a large number of parts • Bring up, verify, and debug various hardware features in the physical layer • Characterization and debug of PHY performance metrics • Implementation of code in Python and in firmware • Develop features involving the PHY in firmware and work with MAC team to define the MAC <-> FW APIs and interaction • Develop test plans and work with automation/test engineers to implement the same, test result analysis to identify and debug issues
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience