CAD- Synthesis Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role as a CAD Synthesis Engineer, you are at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of relevant experience plus the following:
- Experience in Design Compiler and RTL Compiler
- Experience in Formality and/or Conformal is a plus
- Experience in DCG and RCP is positive
- Experience in linting, static timing analysis, power domain checking or place and route tools is positive
- Previous experience scripting in TCL or Perl
- Strong interpersonal skills, previous customer support is a bonus
You will own developing, maintaining, and in some cases improving existing systems for Synthesis, Physical Synthesis, Scan/BIST, etc. You will be directly responsible for supporting multiple design teams and working with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions in other flows- also, debugging vendor tool problems and solving related issues.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE