IS NOC Network Support Engineer
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how we take an order online, the experience with technology in our retail stores, how much network capacity we need around the world, the processing of every credit card an iTunes customer uses, and closing the books. IS&T does it all. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy, customer focussed Network Support Engineer to support Apple's global networks. This is a fast paced and highly demanding environment. If you have a strong passion to work in a growing environment of innovation while exuding deep collaboration skills, this position is for you.
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal communications and customer-service skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and manage difficult situations
- Experience managing outages and upgrades
- Vendor coordination and troubleshooting on service provider links at a large enterprise
- Skills and experience in configuring and troubleshooting network devices which includes switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and access points in a large enterprise consisting of multiple environments (WAN, LAN, retail stores, and data center traffic management)
- Skills and experience needed to configure monitoring tools. Ability to maximize network performance through monitoring
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, NetScalers, and Global Server Load Balancers (GSLB)
- Minimum 1 year of experience with network incident and problem management
- Cisco CCNA certification and competencies
- Juniper JNCIA certification and competencies
- Python, Go, Pearl and bash shell scripting capabilities
- Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet network automation technologies
- Preferred Experience and Skills
- Cisco CCNP certification
- Juniper JNCIS, or JNCIP; FWV
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T’s Global Network and Computing Services (GNCS) provides architecture, planning, management, and maintenance of Apple’s global networks and computing systems. GNCS delivers world-class information technology infrastructure from Apple’s data and voice networks and data center hosted computing systems to each Mac or IOS device…and everything in between.
Education & Experience
- • Work hours are variable. This is a 24/7, 365 days per year environment
- • Weekend and holiday work required at times