Senior System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The PMU team is looking for qualified, motivated silicon validation engineers from a variety of skill levels. We are a fast-growing and highly diverse group, and you will work as part of a team doing post-silicon bring- up, debug, and validation of analog and power ICs that will drive the next generation of technology for Apple's mobile products. This team not only provides an environment optimal for the refinement of engineering abilities, but also promotes passion, creativity, and teamwork. As you work alongside world-class IC designers and product teams building the most technologically advanced products in the world, you will find the PMU validation team to be a highly dynamic work environment with endless learning opportunities.
- 6 + years’ total experience in the areas of silicon validation, board- level hardware design, or IC design.
- Proven experience with design, simulation, debug, and performance analysis of analog circuits, voltage regulators, and power distribution for high-speed digital ICs.
- Strong bringup and debugging skills and hands-on lab work. Experience with complex test equipment setups for analog measurement.
- Basic software automation skills in Python, LabVIEW, TestStand.
- Work with IC designers to build knowledge of design internals within the validation team. Mentoring and training for junior validation engineers.
- Effective communication skills working across large multi-functional HW, SW, architecture teams. Provide feedback on board-level HW design requirements, and support ATE test and reliability test planning.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience in analog circuit and power supply designs who understands that the tight interaction between pre-silicon design and post-silicon validation is the key to shipping quality products. In this role, you will work closely with both IC design teams and product design teams within Apple to define test plans for custom ICs, and drive execution from first-silicon through to shipping mass-production products to end users. You will be expected to participate in all levels of this process, including the definition of custom board-level hardware for IC bringup and test, defining validation plans, and working with product design teams to support their design integration and debug system-level issues. In addition, you will support Product and Test Engineering teams to correlate between ATE results and bench measurements.
Education & Experience
• BS/MS in EE or EECS