Systems Software Engineering Manager (GPU), Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Are you a big-picture visionary who understands how each element affects all the others, but can also intrinsically see the importance in every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. You and your team will confirm that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day. We're looking for a talented and experienced technical software engineering manager to lead and build a team that helps bridge the gap between Architecture, Software and Hardware by creating tools to support next generation Apple GPUs. In this unique and highly visible role you will be at the center of developing and delivering tools to several cross functional teams, in turn having a huge impact on Apple’s timely delivery of great products.
- Experience managing a systems/low level software development team
- Proven track record of successful and timely software product delivery with complex dependencies
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- History of motivating teams to meet aggressive goals and innovate
- Genuine passion for low-level system engineering and hardware/software integration
- Experience developing and shipping low level system software
- Strong knowledge of simulation and modern GPU architectures
Lead a team of junior and senior software engineers. Define feature development scope and plan for successful product delivery. Manage several projects and conflicting priorities. Communicate status and progress clearly cross-functionally. Set expectations with Software, Architecture and Hardware stake holders. Manage conflicting points of view. Balance high quality product delivery under extremely tight schedules while fostering long term innovation. Act as technical leader when design directions are unclear. Strengthen and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field