Wireless SoC Architect - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Are you ready to make a bigger impact in Wireless hardware technology? We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious architects to develop next generation SOCs. In this highly visible role, you will architect Apple’s state-of-the-art Wireless SoCs that continue to elevate the wireless user experience within a rich and dynamic ecosystem. As a Wireless SoC architect, you will be a part of an elite team responsible for pursuing various architectural challenges in the development of revolutionary wireless SoCs that cater to a growing range of applications. Are you ready to make a bigger impact in Wireless hardware technology and join our amazing team?
- M.S. or PhD + 7 years of experience in the area of Wireless SoCs, preferably in advanced CMOS technology development is preferred, but we encourage you to apply with related SOC level of experience.
- Deep understanding of Mobile product platforms, RFIC transceiver architectures and trade-offs, RF/Analog and digital design, analog and digital signal processing, communication systems, and ASIC/SoC micro-architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of HW/SW partitioning in wireless SoCs, handling of real-time processes, integration with other system SW layers, integration and interfacing to Application Processors.
- Knowledge of high-efficiency power management architectures at Platform and SoC levels, as well as power-performance-complexity-cost trade-offs, ultra-low-power design techniques, and supply noise mitigation.
- Familiarity with established wireless communication standards such as WLAN, Bluetooth and cellular standards.
- SOC-level chip design experience including modern CAD tools.
- Previous authorship of detailed SOC specifications.
- Exhibit strong communication and documentations skills.
As a member of the our SOC Architecture team, you will define and detail architecture of complex SOCs. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Develop a detailed definition of SOCs consistent with our strategic roadmap, in coordination with internal multi-functional teams like systems, software, services. Provide architectural guidance throughout the design process from concept through production. Collaborate with design, verification, physical design, and qualification teams to address architectural issues. Recommend key design trade-offs with high-performance/low-power IPs.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in EE/CS