GPU Systems Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. You and your team will confirm that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Deep understanding of a modern GPU pipeline.
- 3+ years of experience coding functional GPU simulators or models
- Experience programming modern graphics APIs (OpenGL/Direct3D/Metal/Vulkan/…) is highly desired
- Excellent programming (C++/C/Assembly) and scripting skills (Python). Proficiency with debugging large, complex system software. Experience with GPU hardware a plus.
- Background in low-level software.
- Knowledge of ARM and/or X86 architectures a plus.
Apple’s Platform Architecture group is looking for talented engineers to build high performance simulation models of advanced GPU designs. This role requires strong software engineering skills and a solid understanding of GPU architecture. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in hardware and software.
Education & Experience
MSCS or MSEE Degree or equivalent.