GPU Systems Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. You and your team will confirm that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Background in hardware architecture.
- Background in low-level software.
- Excellent programming (C++/C/Assembly) and scripting skills (Python). Proficiency with debugging large, complex system software. Experience with GPU hardware a plus.
- Experience with kernel, driver and firmware development a plus. Experience with modeling and simulation a plus.
- Knowledge of ARM and/or X86 architectures a plus.
Apple’s Platform Architecture group is seeking a systems engineer who will help bridge the gap between Software and Hardware, influencing performance improvements, power efficiency, security, and the programming ease of Apple products. You will prototype and analyze architecture and operating system proposals. Interface kernels and drivers with processor & SoC models. Work closely with cross-functional teams in hardware and software. Promote new opportunities and techniques with other groups.
Education & Experience
MSCS or MSEE Degree or equivalent.