SOC Performance Modeling Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you ready to join our team and revolutionize System-on-Chip development? In this role, you will be a member of a System-on-Chip (SoC) architecture team, working with hardware and software engineering groups to shape the architecture of Apple's future devices. The role will focus on architecture definition, exploration and modeling of the memory subsystem, caches, interconnection networks, fabrics, and Quality of Service (QoS) solutions. The position calls for independent development, definition, performance modeling, documentation, and collaboration with design/software teams. We are looking for SoC architects with a passion to develop and document new and innovative ideas and model them in C++ to demonstrate their value and impact.
- You have experience/skills in several of the following areas:
- Excellent C/C++ coding, debug, and testing skills.
- Expertise in developing and using performance models of SoC hardware components at different abstraction levels.
- CPU, GPU, Camera/Video, Machine Learning hardware accelerator memory access patterns and usage of system caches.
- Expertise with high-bandwidth and low latency interconnects and fabrics.
- Expertise with various DRAM/SRAM memories, architecture, protocols, timing, performance analysis, perf/power trade-offs, modeling, and debug.
- On-chip Quality of Service (QoS) solutions.
- Interactions and data flows between the CPUs, GPUs, Camera/Video, ML, and I/O components on modern SoCs.
- Scripting and automation of performance simulation workflows.
- Expertise in cooperative code development using a revision control system such as GIT.
You will have responsibilities for developing the SoC level solutions that drive the architecture of Apple’s future System-on-Chips. Your work will be highly visible and critical to delivering the best performance and power efficiency in Apple’s future products. You will be expected to collaborate with all the hardware and software teams that are part of Apple’s SoC development: - C++ performance modeling of proposed architectural solutions and features. - Writing architectural specification documents in collaboration with engineers across different disciplines. - Gathering, analyzing, and validating measured and simulated results to compare architectural design alternatives. - Work with the multi-functional teams to develop architectural solutions. - Improve Apple’s modeling platform by developing APIs, tools, and optimal standard examples that can be used throughout the company. - Carefully analyze and present results to enable data specific architecture/design. - Measure and analyze existing SOC and workloads. - Some international travel is required for this position.
Education & Experience
BS or MS or PhD in CS, EE, or related field