Software Engineer, Silicon Engineering Documentation
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated Software Engineer to support a variety of key internal projects by improving and streamlining the design and development process. You will have domain expertise in chip design and related tools and technologies.
- Experience with XML and related technologies for web application and web services development.
- Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Experience with silicon workflows and development processes a plus
- Knowledge of document databases (i.e. Splunk, Elasticsearch or Marklogic).
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Understanding of software test environments and release cycles.
- Domain modeling and schema design (W3C schemas, RNG).
- Prior experience with XSLT & XPath 2.0/3.0.
- Understanding XProc a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build Automation (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Java, Scala.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments.
- Familiar with version control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Open to travel, approximately 5%.
You will be working with technical writers supporting silicon engineers designing chips at the core of future Apple products loved by millions of customers. In this role, you will help improve our design process by: • Streamline and automate aspects of specification creation, review and verification with a view to improving the quality of the technical specifications used by the internal hardware and software teams. • Create and enhance processes/tools to integrate documentation with design, especially with respect to build automation and quality engineering. • Diagnose and optimize performance problems on a variety of tools. • Deliver toolchain training and support. • Document toolchain workflows and processes. • This person is expected to utilize their experience and good judgment to continuously drive design process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems.
Education & Experience
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Computer Science