Software Engineer, Silicon Engineering Documentation - Not Posted
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated Software Engineer to support a variety of key internal projects by improving and streamlining the design and development process.
- Key Skills Needed:
- Experience with XML and related technologies for web application and web services development.
- Working knowledge of Scala and Java.
- Knowledge of document databases (i.e. Splunk, Elasticsearch. MongoDB, or Marklogic).
- Understanding of software test environments and release cycles.
- Domain modeling and schema design (W3C schemas, RNG).
- Familiar with version control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Knowledge of these a plus:
- Prior experience with XSLT, XPath 2.0/3.0, and XProc.
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build Automation. (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments. Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Experience with silicon workflows and development processes.
You will support silicon engineers designing chips at the core of future Apple products loved by millions of customers. In this role, you will help improve our design process by: • Streamline and automate aspects of specification creation, review and verification with a view to improving the quality of the technical specifications used by the internal hardware and software teams. • Diagnose and optimize performance problems on a variety of tools • Deliver toolchain training and guidance to the documentation support team that works directly with designers. • Document toolchain workflows and processes. • You will be expected to bring experience and good judgment to continuously drive process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems.
Education & Experience
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Computer Science