Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SENSOR HARDWARE DIVISION Design, develop and launch next-generation sensor technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology Team is looking for a talented engineer for the position of Sensor Architect to aid the design and development of state of the art sensor solutions and technologies across a variety of Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- PhD or MSc in the areas of MEMS, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital circuit design, signal and power integrity). Hands-on experience with schematic capture, PCB design, board bring-up, system design and integration a plus.
- Proficiency in simulation tools (such as COMSOL, SPICE, MATLAB) and experience with data analysis and interpretation (such as JMP, R, or Pandas)
- Experience with sensor prototyping, design, integration and verification (signal conditioning, DSP, embedded systems interfaces)
- Exposure to structured software development a plus (Git, unit testing, code reviews)
- Research new sensor designs, transduction materials, and work on design integration for consumer products - Build computer models using finite element and lumped element techniques - Develop feature specifications, component specifications, and analyze designs to supporting performance metrics guaranteed by design - Work with partner teams to prototype, characterize, and validate concepts - Create mathematical models of sensor operation supporting algorithm implementations in embedded systems - Collaborate with ASIC team on features and specifications - Contribute towards analog electronic designs to support sensor and system integration - Perform data analysis of prototype and production sensors to validate models and project performance - Design electrical and mechanical instruments for automation and problem solving - Build software and tools using MATLAB, Python, and C to enable design, analysis, and prototyping - Prepare and deliver presentations to describe designs and findings to management and executive - Author clear and comprehensive documentation describing design and performance to enable integration and test - Work with execution teams to deliver sensor solutions to mass production products - Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and firmware engineering to create state-of-the-art sensor solutions - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments
Education & Experience
- PhD or MSc in the areas of MEMS, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.