Sensor Electrical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation sensor technologies in Apple products. Come join the Sensor Technology Team. We're a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving team developing state-of-the-art sensing solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more. As part of this team, you'll have an opportunity to participate in development from proof-of-concept all the way through end-product launch. The key goal of the Sensor Technology Team is to enable the world’s best user experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of related industry experience, M.S. in Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of related industry experience, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals (analog/digital circuit design, signal/power integrity).
- Hands-on experience with schematic capture, PCB/FPC design, and prototype bring-up/debugging.
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment, including data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and power supplies.
- Proficiency in simulation tools (such as Cadence/SPICE/MATLAB).
- Excellent critical analysis and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Direct experience with sensor design and integration is a plus.
- Cross-functional experience in a high-volume production environment is a plus.
- Experience with firmware projects in C is a plus.
- Design, simulate, and verify electrical performance of sensing solutions, including analog/digital circuit design, signal/power integrity, timing/power budgets, communication interface performance, and coexistence. - Design and bring-up of development/test boards for prototype sensing solutions. - Provide silicon specifications and perform bring-up/verification of new ASICs for sensor applications. - Select components and perform tolerance analysis to ensure correct circuit operation over the specified operating range. - Design schematics and provide layout constraints for PCBs/FPCs. - Simulate, test, and verify EMI/ESD performance. - Author clear and comprehensive electrical hardware specifications. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Engage and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. - Proactively work with partners to develop analog and DFM best practices and identify the best approach to solving problems. - Present technical issues in multi-disciplinary environments.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of related industry experience, M.S. in Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of related industry experience, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.