Silicon Hardware and Software Integration Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoCs! Apple seeks a key innovator to deliver extraordinary products on time, filling in an exciting area of cross-team and cross-discipline communication. We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to lead and handle the automation of data delivery from hardware to software to configure the SOC for the best performance. You will lead silicon engineering programs within the Hardware Technology Organization (HW Technology) and will be responsible for improving communication and sharing between hardware and software organizations with the goal of delivering silicon and API’s optimized for power and performance, minimize bugs, and meet product schedules. You will work with technical managers to prioritize issues and track the technical details. The EPM needs to be a confident organizer, ready to work with the Design and EPM teams. Apple’s HW Technology silicon engineering environment is dynamic and requires the ability to quickly prioritize and drive initiatives. The position will include working closely with software and silicon teams responsible for data automation delivery, therefore both technical understanding of software and hardware, as well as excellent people and communication skills, are key to success. The goal is to provide the development and validation of data automation with a focus on efficiency and accuracy of the data.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management/ Engineering Management experience.
- Solid hardware understanding and SOC design development process. Focus on architecture, RTL development process and CAD tools.
- Experience with IP-XACT as an IP exchange format and software API information exchange.
- Understand embedded firmware development.
- Experience with documentation guides for software.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organization skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Strong desire to own/drive project planning and development using well-defined metrics.
• Implement program management structure and processes to enable regular status and issues reporting, promote collaboration and alignment across CAD, software and design teams. • Facilitate communication and coordination across many multi-functional design engineering teams. • Planning, prioritizing and driving tasks and achievements to meet daring schedules. • Understanding technical issues and driving them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making. • Compiling multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of partners, from individual contributors to senior management. • Focused tracking, organizing and reporting risks, status, and options for resolution to senior managers. • Big picture evaluation of current processes and driving innovative, holistic improvements.
Education & Experience
• BSEE/MSEE, BSCE/MSCE or equivalent is required