DRAM NPI Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable yet dynamic schedule? As a DRAM Strategic Sourcing Engineering Program Manager, you will drive the latest DRAM technologies to accompany Apple’s custom SoCs across our multiple product lines. In this dynamic role, you will be the critical interface to our DRAM suppliers as well as to Apple’s multi-functional teams (including Silicon Engineering, System Engineering, Procurement, and Operations teams) to ensure the most advanced DRAM technologies go to mass production to Apple’s industry leading quality standards.
- 5+ years of program management experience, preferably in DRAM / NAND industry.
- Experience shipping high volume DRAMs / SoCs.
- Strong vendor management experience. Handling off-shore vendors is considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and validated ability to drive resolution of critical problems, while under pressure.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Passionate to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive reporting.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a reciprocal mindset.
• Lead DRAM qualifications across multi-functional teams: Systems Hardware, Software, Product/Test/QA Engineering, Design, Verification, and Silicon Validation teams. • Work closely with the DRAM Global Supply Management (GSM), DRAM Engineering and SoC Program Management organizations to align on product level strategies and execute on project schedules. • Responsible for precise execution of DRAM material plans from component forecasting to final integration into Apple's strategic development and NPI builds. • Collaborate with SoC material management teams to plan and track distribution of new DRAM material across all systems in development. • Responsible for delivering program level risk assessment, including detailed issue identification along with mitigation plans. • Communicate DRAM status in multi-functional forums and to executives. • Own relationship with DRAM suppliers and drive detailed plans to ensure Apple's build objectives are met with success.
Education & Experience
• MS / BS Degree in technical discipline; or Equivalent industry experience.