Touch Validation Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Help launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology team develops state of the art Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, AppleWatch, and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to design the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. Bring devices to life and enable them to interact with users and the environment in ways never envisioned before. Join us in developing solutions the world doesn't know of yet. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that champions engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a mixed-signal Validation / Verification / Product / Application engineer
- Proficient in test automation scripting such as Python, PERL, Shell, C, LabView or similar
- Proficient in data visualization and statistical analysis tools such as SpotFire, JMP, or Matlab
- 5+ years of relevant experience in testing a mixed-signal product, including hands-on experience with bench validation and characterization
- 3+ years experience with data processing and visualization tools such as SpotFire (major advantage), JMP, or Matlab.
- 3+ years experience in creating test automation scripts using Python (major advantage), PERL, shell, C/C++, LabView, VB or similar
- Strong electrical engineering background in mixed-signal testing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork skills are mandatory
Develop and execute engineering validation and characterization plans for Apple’s touch solutions, from proof-of-concept to mass production Design metrics and figures-of-merit to guide touch design and performance tracking Architect and design HW & SW infrastructure including state-of-the-art robotics to automate validation and characterization tests Verify correlation between Automation to bench setups. Lead GR&R efficacy Define a test methodology across different products. Analyze touch system performance vs expected results Manage vendors to implement validation tools, plans and infrastructure at vendor sites. Business travel to support product development Lead innovative solutions for improved test coverage Perform failure mode analysis. Use state-of-the-art analysis tools to drive root cause diagnosis and system-level problem solving Author reports and communications pertaining to key results and checkpoints Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Test, Firmware, Software, mechanical design and Reliability Engineering to deliver cutting edge solutions up to 30% travel required Experience in Design of Experiments (DoE), FA/CA (Failure Analysis / Corrective Action) is a major advantage. Experience with Touch technology is a plus.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering is mandatory. Masters degree is a major advantage