SoC Silicon Debug Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's! Apple seeks a Senior Silicon Program Manager within the Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) Engineering organization. You help lead and drive programs involving silicon debug, bring-up and validation for state-of-the-art technology used in next generation Apple products. In this multifaceted role, and as a member of a Senior Project Management team, you will drive Silicon program schedules and resolve technical issues that enable on time silicon delivery. This position will collaborate with multi-functional teams to resolve silicon issues blocking product development starting with initial silicon bring up through production release and beyond.
- 7+ years experience in SOC / VLSI Chip Design, DRAM, Product Engineering.
- 5+ years of Technical program management / vendor management experience.
- Experience in silicon validation or qualification of ASIC's.
- Experience with ARM architecture and leading silicon projects from concept to production is considered a plus.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to inspire team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passion to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Experience working in a high-energy multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management
- Thrive in dynamic schedule driven development environment
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting
- Excellent debugging skills. Proven ability to drive resolution of critical problems.
In this high profile role you will be responsible for the following: • Work on a PM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules. • Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality silicon execution. • Interface and drive silicon issues across multi-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware and Software. • Focus silicon team on meeting near term work and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with data based decision-making. • Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow up issues/escalations. • Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status.
Education & Experience
• MS / BS Degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering.