GPU Power and Performance Silicon Validation
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The GPU Silicon Validation Team is responsible for validating the functional operation, electrical behavior, power, and performance of Apple's embedded GPUs. Team members are involved in test planning, test execution, data analysis, failure triage, and tool development. We work hand-in-hand with the design, verification, productization, hardware and software teams to enable world-class GPUs in the embedded space. In this role, you will be responsible for the GPU power and performance validation, including power estimation features.
- 5 years of experience in system-based silicon validation
- Proven understanding of system and soc architectures
- Experience debugging complex SOC hardware and software performance issues
- Experience configuring systems for accurate power and performance measurements
- Experience measuring benchmark performance in system environments
- Able to read schematics and instrument systems for power measurements
- Experience measuring leakage and dynamic power in system environments
- Experience with performance monitor features a strong plus
- Experience with power estimation features a strong plus
- Experience automating silicon validation and silicon data analysis
- Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages: python, TCL/expect, Perl
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Lab skills (operation of lab equipment, interested and able to work in the lab)
- Ability to work well on a team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
- Develop and execute silicon validation test plans for GPU power and performance - Triage GPU hardware and software power and performance issues - Work with architecture and design teams to define validation requirements and workloads - Perform silicon power and performance measurements for correlation with pre-silicon results - Support architecture team with silicon power and performance measurements - Validate power estimation features and correlate power estimation results to measured power - Identify and drive improvements in silicon-based power and performance methodology and tools
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, CS, or related field.