Camera HW Engineer / Calibration & Test Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for a Camera Test Engineer with responsibilities for the camera test technology development and production test implementation.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience
- Good fundamental EE skills
- Strong knowledge of camera module operation
- Good Matlab programming skills on digital image processing and data analysis
- Experience with prototyping solutions, camera testing methodology and production-level testing environments
- Familiar with CMOS image sensor and digital imaging pipeline and algorithm (AE, AWB, etc.)
- Experience in ATE is a plus
You will develope production-ready test methodology and software (including image quality, electrical and optical testing) for camera system/module/component performance evaluation including CMOS sensor pixel, lens quality, actuator system, and illumination technologies. You should be familiar with megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, photographic lens selection and qualification, imager interfacing and tuning, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, have a strong knowledge of image sensor operation and control, and be familiar with digital imaging pipeline and algorithm. In addition, you will understand how to implement high precision and high-volume camera module test.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Engineering, Color Science, Imaging Science, Physics, or equivalent preferred
- You will travel 15% to 25% to both Apple and suppliers' facilities for testing development and production bring up (usually ~2 weeks travel at a time)