Camera Hardware Engineer, Depth Module Calibration & Test Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Depth Test Engineering group is responsible for research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Test team is looking for depth module calibration & test engineer with responsibilities for the designing and bringing up the hardware and software that calibrates and tests the imaging components that go into Apple products. You will be involved with designing, implementing, debugging, and developing the methods to calibrate imaging systems and then the metrics to quantify their performance at factories around the world.
- Deep understanding of imaging systems, camera technology
- Extraordinary Mechanical/HW/SW problem solving and optimization skill
- Experience in lens characterization methodology and calibration
- Experience in image processing or software development, programming experience with C++ / Matlab / Python preferred.
- Self-motivated professional. Good teammate with passion
- Experience on camera/depth sensing device/optical device test would be huge plus
Develop new testers/critical optical component to meet design requirements for calibration and test. Develop and deploy software that calibrates and tests imaging systems. Analyze volume data to provide mentorship on engineering decisions.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Engineering, Imaging Science, Physics, or equivalent preferred
- Travel to vendors and partner facilities is required during new product development, up to 25-30%