Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
FileMaker, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the leading standalone desktop database company, is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to design and implement major features of new products. FileMaker has an established product line and large customer base. We are advancing the existing technologies and developing new and exciting technologies and products. This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
- Create functional specifications and designs
- Implement major features of new products
- Create unit tests for features
- Work with QA to ensure the top quality of the feature
- Required Experience
- 10+ years experience developing software using C and C++ (mandatory)
- Strong in software architecture and Design
- Hands on with coding and debugging experience (mandatory)
- Work experience on REST API and Web services (mandatory)
- Good knowledge and work experience on Security, Authentication and Authorization frameworks (ie, encryption, oAuth, SAML etc…)
- Good knowledge and work experience on application performance & scalability
- Strong object oriented design techniques, and reusable component design
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
This position designs and implements major features of new products in Database and Server Technologies with the guidance of Product Marketing. You will also implement innovative features on time with excellent quality.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MSCS or Ph.D. is preferred
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and work experience on Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Multi-tiered Server architecture research and development
- Strong experiences and knowledge in modern Internet/Web technology for Server Applications development
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community